The surgical department at Ladnan Hospital offers a 24 hours cover for A&E, with the capability to perform major surgical procedures round the clock, including management of patients with peritonitis and poly trauma, as well as laparoscopic procedures.
The department is also geared to perform a whole range of major elective general surgical procedures including gastrointestinal surgery, head and neck surgery, orthopedic, ENT, Neurosurgery and surgery of the limbs (eg. varicose veins), breast surgery and cancer surgery.
All operations are performed in two fully equipped modern operating theaters, including a dedicated theater for obstetric emergencies. The department also has access to a fully equipped ICU that can handle Surgical Intensive Care for the care of seriously ill patients.
Outpatient services are available daily and many minor procedures can be performed in the outpatient department or day care ward to shorten the patient’s stay in the hospital. Such procedures might include banding and injection of hemorrhoids (piles) and excision of small swellings.
- 24 hours emergency coverage
- Outpatient treatment room performing minor procedures under local anesthesia (hemorrhoids injection, varicose veins, injection of venous flares, excisions etc.)
- GI surgery
- Head and neck surgery
- Limb diseases (TAO, peripheral vascular disease, varicose veins)
- Oncological surgery
- Breast cancer surgery
- Laparascopic surgery
- Endoscopy (gastroscopy, colonoscopy).
- 24 hour operating theatre