Obstetrics & Gynecology
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
At Ladnan Hospital, we believe that all parents have the right to informed choices when making decisions concerning pregnancy. We endeavor to provide a supportive environment, guiding couples through their pregnancy and preparing them in the best possible way for this unique life event. Our maternity services include:
- Pre-conception care and pregnancy diagnosis
- Routine antenatal screening programme.
- Specialised investigations.
- Ultrasound scanning/Foetal medicine
- Parentcraft classes
- Antenatal care
Antenatal care is medical and midwifery attention given to the expectant mother and her developing baby. Good antenatal care also involves the mother caring for herself and her baby by following medical advice, practising good nutrition, getting plenty of rest, exercising sensibly and avoiding things that could harm her baby. Good antenatal care is the key to a successful pregnancy and a healthy future for your baby. We provide a woman-centred approach to ensure this is possible.
Our gynaecology services include:
All minor and open gynaecological procedures such as:
- Surgical management of vulval and vaginal cysts/lesions
- Bartholin’s abscess/cysts
- Cervical cerclage
- Abdominal Hysterectomy +/- removal of ovaries
- Ovarian cystectomy
We also offer the following specialised services:
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Level 2 and 3 laparoscopy including removal of ovarian cysts, ectopic pregnancy, removal of ovarian masses, division of adhesions, treatment of endometriosis.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Excision of rectovaginal nodules for endometriosis
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy and currettage
- Endometrial ablation for heavy bleeding
- Hysteroscopic resection of the endometrium for heavy bleeding
- Hysteroscopic resection of fibroids
- Hysteroscopic resection/division of uterine septum
Vaginal surgery and urogynaecology